Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Color Of Shadows

                                                                          



  Last night I took a ride on Dolphin, a friend and competitor's boat. We have sailed together for about 25 years. As the sailing season draws to a close, so does the window of opportunity to share evening or weekend sails with  people who I will always hold close. Gone already are the Wednesday night races that always offered their weekly dose of competition and laughter. I will miss them. This post wouldn't be complete without aknowledging my own crew, the crew of Special K, and all of the people who I have had the wonderful opportunity to have shared the deck of that gracefull yacht with over the past 16 years. People who will always be with me everytime I step on the deck of any boat for the rest of my life. The gray shadow I cast on Dolphin's sail hides all the color all of you have brought into my life. I hope you'll all carry a piece of my shadow with you in the years to come. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I have a feeling the wonderful crew of Special K will carry with them much more than your shadow. They will carry the sound of your laughter, the warmth of your smile, and the friendship and joy you have brought, and will continue to bring, into their lives...