Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

    Today is the beginning of a new season. Some say it's the end of Summer, the end of good weather, vacations, planted fields and gardens. The end of the the robin's songs riding the warm summer morning breeze as it brushes past the curtains of open windows. However for each end there is a new beginning and Fall is a season replete with a myriad of wonderful experiences. It is the sound of children's voices as they head back to school, eager to meet new friends, teachers, and discover new things. It is the season when nature's canvas turns from emerald green to blazing red, yellow and orange. It is the season when the chill in the air brings us a little closer together on walks we take with the ones we love. It's the season of harvest and a time for thanksgiving.

    I decided to start this blog today because this change of seasons mirrors changes in my life. You see, I'm about to embark on a journey through another season in my life, and despite the warmth and beauty that I leave behind, I look forward to being part of a vibrant, colorful season in my life where the chill in life's air is is warmed by the gentle embrace of the one I love, and for that, I am thankful.



I Love You Betty



6 comments:

Zig and Siusan said...

thats nice...
Where did they hide the Pod?

Betty said...

Fall is my FAVORITE season with the pungent smell of burning wood, crisp taste of freshly picked apples, bumpy, lumpy, itchy hayrides, eerily glowing pumpkin faces, jewel-toned chrysanthemums, crackling of fallen leaves, mystical harvest moon, sweater weather, and yes, new beginnings. Perhaps this fall will be the best of all...

billybabble said...

Betty said...
Fall is my FAVORITE season with the pungent smell of burning wood, crisp taste of freshly picked apples, bumpy, lumpy, itchy hayrides, eerily glowing pumpkin faces, jewel-toned chrysanthemums, crackling of fallen leaves, mystical harvest moon, sweater weather, and yes, new beginnings. Perhaps this fall will be the best of all...


Betty, you make every season the best of all. Thanks for making every day better than yesterday.

billybabble said...

Zig and Sue,

Why whatever do you mean?????

Betty said...

Yeah, Zig and Sue, whatever do you mean? Billy is so, er, normal!!!

Betty said...

Billy, I hate to tell you this, but I could be a little bitchy in the wintertime...You know, all the ice and snow...And the howling wind...And the short days...And the cabin fever...I'm just saying it's possible!!!!!